We are pleased to announce that the TRU will host the RRRC Qualifier Series (Competitive) and the TOLA Regional Series (Social) this summer. More information on each Series is below!
Please submit all tournament dates (whether it is a qualifier or social tournament) to email@example.com as soon as possible in order to allow adequate staffing and participation planning to take place.
Overview: The RRRC Qualifier Series will consist of three tournaments featuring Senior Men’s and Senior Women’s divisions. The team that accumulates the most points during the course of the series will be awarded a slot in the USA Rugby National 7s Club Championships. In order to be eligible, teams must meet USA Rugby and RRRC eligibility requirements and attend two of the three qualifying tournaments.
- 2016 Competition and Tournament Rules/Regulations
- 2016 7s Series Schedule & Locations
- 7s Roster Sheet
RRRC Director of 7s
RRRC Director of Women’s 7s
RRRC Assistant Director 7s
Standings updated as of 7/13/15.
They do exist, check out the info below on TOLA or check the TRU Calendar.
The TOLA Regional Series will consist of 4-5 Regional Tournaments with the goal of crowning a Regional TOLA Champion in the Senior Men’s and Senior Women’s Divisions. All teams entering a designated TOLA tournament will be eligible to receive TOLA points. The objective is to create a competitive environment for teams to compete in with a level of continuity that doesn’t require the formal club structure of teams wishing to compete for the USA Rugby Club 7s Championships. The teams that have accumulated the most TOLA points at the end of the series will be crowned TOLA champions.
- 6 points are awarded to the winning team of each TOLA Series Tournament
- 4 points awarded to the runner up team of each TOLA Series Tournament
- 3 points awarded to the third place team of each TOLA Series Tournament
- 2 points awarded to the fourth place team of each TOLA Series Tournament
- 2 points awarded to the winner of any consolation bracket of each TOLA Series Tournament
- 1 bonus point awarded for each tournament entered. This includes all tournaments (TOLA and Social) registered on the TOLA website
- 2 “at large” points may be awarded at each TOLA Series events by the TOLA board for a team or teams (1 pt. each) that display character that exemplifies the spirit of rugby.
- Examples of behavior that will be considered for these points include travelling a great distance, entering multiple teams, assisting the tournament hosts in some way, playing up a division to fill a bracket, etc.
Use #TOLA7s to join the conversation!